Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hosting services, are they ok?


Me and couple of my friends want to host a realm of Mu online or Diablo II. And are wonder if we should host it locally on our pcs, or hire a hosting service. I mean we can spend like 30 € a month, cause we are like 30 people or so. And I think hosting to one person's pc will cost more electricity and bandwidth.
The thing is we wanted a Bulgarian hosting service, hosted in Bulgaria of course, cause our local connection is 20Mbit/s, so we found a hosting service that's cheap and I believe reliable. There are two choices I believe we should choose from.

The first is a web hosting.

  • 100 gb's of hdd space.
  • Unlimited traffic.
  • This sounds so great, cause it's like 10 € a month.
  • But it is a web server, and I'm not sure if the server machine could handle a game server.


The other option is VPS hosting.

  • 512mb ram.
  • 1tb of monthly traffic.
  • Quad-core processor.
  • And full control over the machine, whatever that means.
  • It costs like 18 € per month.


So I'm not sure if we should host it locally, or rent a hosting service. Maybe I should talk to a friend of mine, who understands this better, he has experience with it. bb ;0

No comments:

Post a Comment