Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Higgs boson particle found.

Good job, scientists, CERN and other parties. Now I'm only a little interested in the LHC, but this discovery was well thought and calculated, it just needed time. I'm all in for science, but to tell you the truth, I don't like theoretical science at all. Discoveries which cannot be integrated into human life are meaningless to me. It's nice and all to find new things, new particles, expand the periodic table and understand  but their use is none to us. Look at electricity for example. By all means the greatest discovery in human history. And it's used everywhere. Literally everywhere. I know there are several inventions based on quantum mechanics findings, but they are just partially based on those findings. I know I'm talking way outta my league here, but still. Anyway I don't think in this current state the world needs more scientific discoveries, especially when they cost so much, but that's only me.

No comments:

Post a Comment